Saturday, August 22, 2015

Burgruine Weißenstein



Since we have less than 8 months left in Europe, I told Drew that we would be doing something every weekend. I love castle ruins. I prefer them over castles. Don't get me wrong castles are great, but I can't bring Rylie in them and most of the time they're not as cool on the inside as they are on the outside. So castle ruins are what I prefer to go to, especially on a beautiful day. It was a beautiful Saturday, and I didn't want to waste it.

 

There is a castle ruin about 25 minutes away from us that I've been wanting to head to. I found it when I was looking for things to do when my brothers were here to visit. So we headed off to the Weissenstein Ruins.  There is no real GPS address for it, so instead we used google and tried to pinpoint the closest road. Luckily before we got there there were signs and we followed it until we got to the parking lot.






 


 

Some History on the Place: In 1995, the ruins are built on a high rocky cliff and are in danger of collapsing, only about a four foot high wall remains visible. More wall traces were discernible at the wall-like elevations. The Company Steinwaldia Pullenreuth e. V. restored between 1996 and 2000 with significant time and expense the remaining parts of the building and provided for the preservation of cultural and historical monument.

 




 



The views from the top were amazing!


We spent a good amount of time there.  The ruins are built on top of granite rocks. There are stairs that take you to the top of the ruins, and you can see into the Czech Republic from the top!









What it used to look like?
It was a quick and easy afternoon trip. The best thing about it was that it was free, and it got us out of the house. 

--
Additional Info:
GPS Address:
Burgruine Weissenstein, Waldershof 95679 Germany Follow the Brown signs that say Burgruine Weissenstein to the parking lot

Post a Comment